Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cookware

One of the more important things in your kitchen is cookware. There is a difference between cheap cookwear and the more pricy items. I am a fan of clad cook where.  This is where there is aluminum or copper that is sandwiched in between stainless steal. Also, enamaled cast iron cookware is a staple in my kitchen.

I have used calphaoln for 4-6 years before I discoved All-Clad. I was happy with it for the most part except when the non-stick coating started to flake off. (I don't use metal utensils) However,  I have to say I can tell a big difference in clad cookware. The food browns up so evenly, there are no hot spots. sauces don't burn as much, and you can change the heat very rapidly.  I will never go back to non stick pans (except a few skillets).

I splurged and bought pans of All-Clad, Le Crueset, and Mauviel.  These pans are amoung the best of the best and cost a lot but you will have them forever. They are what many professional chefs use. I researched and researched pans to make sure I made the right decisions and expiramented with many other brands to only be disappointed.

I will explain each brand and why I like them in separate post to follow.  Also will say what pots to buy from each.

No comments:

Post a Comment